Tuesday, April 9, 2013

What I do to get motivated to working out even when I feel extremely tired,stressed out or simply in the mood of being lazy

 There are times when I just don't feel like working out. One day I work out and then the next I just want to be lazy. I say to myself, I worked out yesterday and it was a pretty hard intense workout , so why should I work out today ? I'm pretty fit and I have a really healthy lifestyle and nutrition,nah maybe it's to leave all this health stuff aside and be lazy. But then again I think of all I've gone through to be in the shape I am in now and I really don't want to ruin it.  Yes it's okay to rest from all those intense workouts but there had been days when I used to take like 3-5 days of  resting and I wasn't even tired. I was lacking motivation and I was feeling pretty depressed so I decided to not work out. Nothing was going to happen right ? I wasn't going to get out of shape in 5 days. But still.

 That one day of rest became 5 and those 5 became two weeks of being inactive. I got used to being in my bed and watching tv and little by little I started going out of shape and NOO!! All the hard work, I was throwing it away directly to the trash can. I had to find something that motivated me. I had to do something different. Instead of working out just for the heck of it, I had to find out and remember why in first place I started working out. Before I started working out I was all flabby from all my body. My arms were very wiggly and my belly seemed like it was made out of jelly. I disgusted myself out. My butt wasn't even hard nor tight when I touched it. I really didn't like myself before I started working out. I am sure many people don't like themselves either the way they are now, that's why people have to start working out and being active. To look and feel good. 


So I started writing down the reasons why I decided to work out and these are the reasons I came up with (different people, different reasons)


  1. to be fit and muscly ( Muscles in girls look sexy)
  2. To get rid of the fat in my stomach and have a nice six pack 
  3. to feel good
  4. to be more confident with girls ( I am openly gay)
  5. So girls can like me more
  6. To be more energized
  7. to show off my body
and bla bla bla... The list keeps going on. 

Find a reason to work out and make it happen. Getting motivation isn't really hard. You don't need to go to a gym to get motivation. Get motivation from yourself and from the ones you love. If you don't want to do it for yourself, do it for your children . If you don't have children , do it for your husband,wife, your mom,dad etc.. Your loved ones. You get me. The point here is finding a reason that will motivate you to keep on with your fitness journey. 

From the day I wrote all those reasons, I am now working out regularly 4-5 times per week. I've been working out now for 8 years since I was 10. I am now 18 and in shape :)  Don't let anything stop you. Keep yourself going !! Good luck !

No comments:

Post a Comment